Slept about 3.5 hours the night before. Not really because I was freaking out but more so because it tends to be hard to sleep with my messed up nose.
Showed up at the Surgicenter at 7:50am. They called me back to change about 8:25. Everyone there was incredibly nice! I actually was not nervous at all. I was simply tired. When you get that tired, you really just do not care. In the waiting area, they covered me up with nice warm sheets and stuck me with my IV. This did hurt. A lot. Apparently I have "tough skin."
Around 9:30 the decided it was time to start getting me ready for surgery. This meant giving me a heaping dose of Valium. The last thing I remember is telling my mom not to worry, not to cry, and to make sure and eat breakfast. I do not remember any of the anesthesia part thanks to the Valium. THAT is how amazing that stuff was.The next thing I remember was waking up but keeping my eyes shut because I wanted my nap to keep going. Then, EPIPHANY, I could breathe through BOTH nostrils. This is even with the gauze over my nose and the 3 inch long tubes stuffed up my nose. Honestly, I could not have been in a better mood. I immediately started cracking jokes with the nurses that were helping me out.
I had an INSANELY bad headache, but they gave me some Morphine. When that did not work, they promised me more pills provided I eat something. This something was a cup of jello. Yeah, I know. But it got me two Hydrocodone which fixed me right up.
After this, my parents were able to come in. The first thing I did was ask if my mom was ok. She was. She asked how I was. I was great. I had energy even with all the pain killers. I actually kept up my energy all the way home and then for about an hour more. The one extra thing I found out is that the surgery was harder than expected. I guess all my polyps were a little worse than what the doctor first thought.
Then, the headache came again. It takes two Hydrocodone every time to knock it out. So every fours hours I have to take two more. This KILLED my energy. It made me lethargic the rest of the day.

I also had to use ice packs on my eyes everything other 30 minutes. This is annoying. I can say though that it has helped a TON. The swelling has gone down tremendously. My doctor warned me that my eyes may swell shut by day three so I am more than willing to take the inititiative and ice my eyes 24/7. Besides, check out my amazing ice packs!! These are the octopus ones but I also have shark ones.
Since being home, The gauze around my nose has been changed out about 3 times and I have had to use Afrin spray or I just bleed and bleed and bleed. I am only going to include one picture. There is blood. So don't look if blood bothers you.This upcoming picture is cool. You can see the stitches on my nose. My nose is mostly cleaned up. I used q-tips and diluted hydrogen peroxide to clean out the blood and have done so on every single gauze changing. You can also see my bruising starting to form. I am curious as to how bad it is going to get by the end of the week.

Overall, I feel pretty good. Really tired. Sorta of sore. I am only supposed to lift things under 5 lbs. That stinks a little. I am not used to having to ask for help for everything I do.
I was able to eat some today. A jello cup, some MnM's, a gogurt, an applesauce cup and some honey nut cheerios. My teeth are all really sore and the top of my mouth is numb so food is not the most exciting option right now. But as I am mostly laying around all the time, I am not too worried about it. As long as I am still able to eat SOMETHING.
Like I said, you should see the other guy.
Katy

No comments:
Post a Comment