Saturday, May 16, 2009

Night 2: Day 3

Slept a little better last night. Got some good sleep from about 1 until 6, then my nose beckoned me. Keeping it nice and moist is a task. Then there is also keeping my mouth moist as well.

After icing it and cleaning it all out, I went back to sleep and was able to sleep from 8 until 11 and then had to go through all of it again. My swelling felt pretty intense at first. It normally feels a little worse after I have been resting. The doctor has me on Prednisone though, so every morning after I eat I pop some of those and feel so much better within the hour.

My mistake last night is that I also tried to stop taking my Hydrocodone. I gave in again this morning because of the pain. I won't try that again overnight. I am still trying to not take it during the day although I am bout to give in now for the first time since around breakfast.

I feel like my recovery is going amazingly well. That it is going even faster than I thought possible. I am already craving Chinese food like nobody's business.

The biggest news today is that I finally took a bath. Unfortunately, I took a bath after the pictures I am about to post. These pictures were taken this morning when I felt the crappiest from lack of drugs.




Right now, I am clean and happy. A little uncomfortable but nothing too major. My headaches have stopped completely. Now, my head just feels sort of pressure filled.

I DO NOT regret my surgery at all. If now is any indication of how great I can possibly feel further down the line, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Hopefully, I won't ever need to again. But just saying.

Katy

PS: Since I had not bathed again until today, I had no idea on of the monitor things was still left on my ribs. That hurt to take off. A part of me was lazy enough I thought about just leaving it. But I went ahead and got it. For posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment