Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lazy Times

I have no pictures for you. I apologize. I assure you I look very much like I did in the previous post though.

Tomorrow, I get the cast, stitches and and splints all removed! So yes, I should post some pictures if not tomorrow then the next day.

Yesterday started off promising. Something went wrong though. My head started killing me. The pains meds only made it bearable. I was actually begging a friend to chop my head off to end the pain. I have never felt pain like that in my head. Ever.

Today, my head hurt again but to a much lesser extent. I am hoping this is normal and will bring it up with my doctor tomorrow. I can not continue to stay on pain meds. Pain meds that do not work unless I take two. I want to drive. I want to be mobile. I want to leave the house. I am ready for my life to go back to normal.

I have so much to do and I want to get started right away.

I have found out that the pain sometimes begins when I a) talk a lot b) laugh a lot or c) eat a lot. I can not NOT do those things. Like I said, something has to give.

The bad news about today besides the headache happens to be my lack of smell. I honestly can not smell anything. At all. Several people tested me out today to find out if I really could smell or not. I can't. I am assuming it is the swelling and the fact that I have not been able to blow my nose all week.

I know. TMI. But it is true. So you can only imagine.

Bruising is still there. Not much. A lot of yellow with a little pinkish-red mixed in. I never wear a lot of make-up and do not plan on wearing hardly any tomorrow for my first outing in a week even though the doctor insisted wearing loads of make-up would cover my bruising.

I am not too worried about stares and such at this point. I just want to see a nose on my face again!!

So excited for tomorrow!!!!

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment